This post is unlike anything I’ve done before on Green Tea, No Splenda. I started a blog with the desire to write whatever ideas came to mind, as writing is one of my favorite hobbies. So without further adieu, I’m going to introduce my latest post, How to Properly Cut a Pineapple.
I came home after my last class of the day with no intention whatsoever to film a tutorial, but as I was looking around the fridge for something to make for dinner, I remembered the pineapple I bought earlier in the week. And before I knew it, I was holding my camera in one hand and slicing a pineapple in the other! Pineapples look fairly tricky to cut, but once you actually attempt to cut one, it’s really easy! I don’t have much to say for this blog post as I’m attaching the video I recorded, but before I show you I want to share some interesting pineapple facts with you.
- Pineapples take about 2-3 years to reach maturation.
- If you plant the top of the pineapple in soil, you can grow in your own pineapple plant. If you leave the top of a pineapple in a vase with water, the leaves will grow longer.
- Pineapples are yummy.
- Once harvested, a pineapple stops ripening (so don’t wait to eat your pineapple, it’s not getting any more ripe!)
- The color of the pineapple depends on where the pineapple was grown.
- Pineapple cores have high levels of bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme which has anti-inflammatory and cancer preventative benefits.
So for the first time to Green Tea, No Splenda, I present to my lovely readers, my first vlog. (PS select 720p and watch in HD!)
I really loved the process of filming and editing, and it was exciting being able to produce something out of nothing. So depending on the response I get from this post, I’ll decide if I want to start making more videos for my blog. And once again thank you to all of my readers, you have no idea how much it means to me when someone tells me they enjoy reading my blog! I started this blog back in November of 2013, so it’s almost been a full year of Green Tea, No Splenda. I have something very special planned for the anniversary post, so stay tuned for what’s to come!