Bon soir mes amis! I’ve officially spent exactly 30 hours awake, full of activity and travel between Houston, Newark, and finally Paris. I forced myself to fend off the jetlag by making it through the day without napping. Throughout that time I went to the Musee d’Orsay, got lost in the streets of Paris, and learned the beginner ropes of the Metro.
Before I list all that’s happened today, look how beautiful the view from my hotel room is! And it’s right in the heart of Paros, a few blocks over from the Eiffel Tower.
Here’s all that I’ve done today!
1. Waited in a long queue at the airport for border patrol and got caught in small talk with the customs police
2. Walked in the rain with my big fluffy hood
3. Diverted a “save the pandas” advertisement girl by kindly replying “merci” in my thickest French accent
4. Ate a mediocre chicken sandwhich from a “take away” restaurant
5. Said “si” and not “oui” to the waiter
6. Walked in the (now pouring) rain with a sandwhich in my hand
7. Took refuge in the metro station and ate my sandwhich
8. Paid 9 euros for water and grapefruit juice
9. Slept in the Musee d’Orsay
11. Said “si” instead of “oui,” again
12. Got caught between the closing doors of the metro bus and had to be pulled in
It’s been quite an adventurous day thus far, and tomorrow promises more language mishaps and experiences! Until next time, time for me to catch some Z’s.