Frick ya!!!!! It’s almost summer. Which means an array of things, so let’s list them. But before you start, press play and let this play in the background:
- Less than one month of school – HYFR. I am so frickinnnnn’ done with late nights where I spend more hours studying on campus than in my bed. I can’t wait to not have to complain about Geology to my friends. Or you know what, CALCULUS (get out of my life!!!!) You know, I’ve said it countless times. UT is hard. But it’s a good kind of hard, like strength training.
- Final exams – a necessary evil? I don’t know.
- Rising temperatures – has it ever occurred to you why Hawaiians are so happy and laid back? HEAT. WARMTH. Temperatures that get your blood pumping, not iced to bits.Winter came and stayed way past its welcome. I’m pretty certain I wore down my favourite pair of boots this past season, which I’m lowkey upset about.
- Tanning – @God bless @God for giving me the ability to tan my pasty, white, winter, embarrassing pale-ness away to a golden, honey, sunkissed tan.
- Tropical colours – I absolutely love summer colours so much. Say goodbye to the dark cool tones and hello to the orange hues, coral, and beach blues. This one goes hand in hand with tan skin too. There’s nothing I love more than my Essie and OPI’s.
- Green leaves and blossoming flowers – there is nothing greater than spending time outside under beautiful green foliage and fresh cut grass.
- New music – this one’s directed to the Calvin Harris, Iggy Azalea, Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Passion Pit, Luke Bryan, and Katy Perry’s of the music industry. My favourite time of year for new music is the summer, simply because all new songs are upbeat, happy, fresh, and perfect for getting you upbeat and spending time out and about.
- Home – if there’s one thing I’m looking forward to more than finishing my final exams, it’s going home and seeing my parents, my two puppies, and my friends who I haven’t seen (the majority of) since last August.
- LifeTime – home also means gym, and in the summer, I have so much more time to spend on myself and at LifeTime. And where I’m from, the LifeTime is like a social gym. So imagine everyone from your neighbourhood, your high school, and pretty much all of the 024, at the gym. I love it, but if I’m honest, I rather not have my summer fling see me as I’m dripping sweat but trying to look suave on the elliptical (so don’t look at me).
- Shopping – new season, new trends! This one’s directed to H&M, Urban Outfitters (that is, if they have anything left in stock after Coachella), Anthropologie, and BCBG. I know you have game, step it up for the summer season. And last summer, if you spent even a single moment with me you’d know that oversized bright sweaters, white shorts, and stacked bracelets were my summer trend. I can’t wait to see what this summer has in store! Literally. And let’s not forget the new candle scents at Bath & Body Works. To. die. for. Let’s take a trip to the beach, or for now, let’s hold on to that thought and light up Tiki Beach.
That concludes my list for now, but I could go on forever. I just love summer so much! Spending time outside, with friends, traveling, doing things for the sake of yourself. Spending time with yourself and with the people who make you who you are! Summer time is the best time.
Oh, and how could I forget! One last thing: FREE PRESS SUMMER FEST! This will be my third year going, and to say I’m stoked… is an understatement. Last year FPSF was the day of my high school graduation. So basically, I graduated, had a BBQ lunch with my family, ditched the red robe for shorts, and hit up Eleanor Tinsley. Maybe I’ll even invest in a CamelBak this year. Here’s a few shots I took myself at Free Press last year, where the lineup was absolutely incredible (Calvin Harris!!!! Passion Pit!!!! Macklemore!!!!!) Until next time!